Newport News Fire responds to stove fire

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – The Newport News Fire Department responded to a stove fire on Heritage Way Sunday.

Dispatchers received a call at 11:57 a.m. for the fire, which according to Battalion Chief Wesley Rogers was out by the time crews arrived.

Crews remained on-scene to clear smoke from the apartment with fans.

The homeowner reportedly suffered smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.