Grill causes James City County house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. – The James City County Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire in the Berkeley Green subdivision after a call was received at 4:55 a.m.

The homeowner who made the call reported a grill and back deck was on fire.

Two adults and two children had safely evacuated the home before firefighters arrived.

Damage was caused to the home’s exterior.

Fire Marshals determined the fire was accidental and caused by hot charcoals left in the unattended grill.

There were no injuries reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.