House fire displaces two adults in Smithfield

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SMITHFIELD, Va. – Fire crews responded to a call at 6:13 a.m. on July 27 in reference to a kitchen fire in the 100 block of Meadowbrook Lane in Smithfield.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke in the kitchen, but the homeowner had extinguished the fire with an extinguisher and garden hose.

Fire and smoke damage was confined to the kitchen.

Two adults are displaced but will make arrangements with family members, according to the Smithfield Fire Department.

Cooking was the cause of the fire; ruled accidental in nature.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.