House fire in Newport News displaces two

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – A Sunday morning house fire in Newport News has left two adults displaced due to heat and smoke damage.

Dispatchers received a call at 9:17 a.m. for a house fire in the 700 block of Tamara Path. Upon arrival, fire crews reported light smoke showing from the home.

According to fire officials, the fire reportedly started in the kitchen as a result of cooking and was confined to that area.

No injuries have been reported.

This is a developing story. Stay with News 3 for updates.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.