HAMPTON ROADS, Va. – Multiple beaches in Hampton Roads were named to the USA Today’s 10Best Beaches in Virginia list.
The list had Sandbridge Beach, the Virginia Beach Boardwalk and Hampton’s Buckroe Beach in the top ten. Williamsburg’s Yorktown Beach was also listed, at number two on the list.
The publication said that 10Best editors and local experts partnered with Dr. Stephen Leatherman (“Dr. Beach“) to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Below are the top ten ranked beaches according to USA Today’s 10 Best Beaches:
- Colonial Beach
- Yorktown Beach – Yorktown
- Cape Charles Beach – Cape Charles
- Assateague Beach – Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge – Chincoteague Island
- Sandbridge Beach – Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk – Virginia Beach
- Bethel Beach Natural Area Preserve – Mathews
- Westmoreland State Park – Montross
- Buckroe Beach – Hampton