First Warning Traffic – Friday closures, Harborfest traffic and delays
NORFOLK: Waterside Drive closed for Harborfest through Sunday. Detours are in place. The City Hall off and on-ramps are a alternate to the Waterside Dr exit.
TRAFFIC INFO FOR HARBORFEST
Thur, June 9, 10am – Sun, June 12, Midnight
• Waterside Dr, between Main S & Martin’s Ln, closed in both directions.
• Waterside Dr, between St. Paul’s Blvd & Atlantic St, two outside lanes will stay open for the WB direction. Both lanes will be directed to turn right at Atlantic St for access to Main St.
• Waterside Dr, between Atlantic St & St. Paul’s Blvd will remain open for the eastbound direction
Friy, June 10, 10am – Sun, June 12, Midnight
• EB Waterside Dr, between Martin’s Ln & Atlantic St, restricted – no traffic except for garage exit on Fri & Sat from approx. 9-11pm.
• Waterside Drive, between Atlantic Street and St. Paul’s Boulevard, eastbound direction to be open for exiting vehicles.
• Commercial Pl between Waterside Dr & Main St closed for construction.
• Atlantic St, between Waterside Dr & Main St, NB direction will remain open, SB direction will be limited to garage access only.
• Martin’s Ln, between Main St & Waterside Dr, closed to SB traffic except for garage exiting on Fri & Sat from approx 9-11pm.
• Boush St, between Brambleton Ave & City Hall Ave will stay open in the SB direction. SB Traffic will be directed east on City Hall Ave.
• Boush St, between Main St & Brambleton Ave will stay open in the NB direction.
• Boush St, between City Hall Ave & Plume St will remain open for parking garage access.
Fri, June 10 at 10:00am – Saturday, June 11 at 11:00pm
• EB & WB Main St from Boush St to Atlantic St (including removal of the taxi zone in front of the Marriott)
Sat, June 11 from 6:00 – 11:59pm
• EB Main St from Atlantic St to St. Paul’s Blvd
Note: City of Norfolk Monthly 24/7 & Residential Access Card Holders do not pay the collect on entry fee. Weekday Monthly Card Holders will not pay the fee on Friday.
City of Norfolk Garages
Fri, June 10 – Sun, June 12
$5.00 CASH ONLY at all City garages and lots that are operational.
MacArthur Center Garages
Friday, June 10 – Regular Operation
Saturday, June 11 – $2 until 5pm & $5 from 5pm to close – CASH ONLY
Sunday, June 12 – Regular Operation
Dominion Tower Garage & 555 East Main St (PNC Bank Garage),
Fri, June 10 – 5-10pm – $5.00 CASH & CREDIT CARDS
Sat, June 11 – 2-10pm – $5.00 CASH & CREDIT CARDS
Sun, June 12 – Noon-5pm – $5.00 CASH & CREDIT CARDS
Garage will be open to the public.
500 East Main Street
Sat, June 11 – 2-10pm – $3.00 CASH ONLY
Garage will be open to the public.
Hampton Roads Transit Service
Bus Routes, 6,8,45,960 and 961 will be on detour starting Friday, June 10 through the close of business Sunday, June 12. Patrons are advised to board/disembark at Civic Plaza (St. Paul’s Boulevard & Plume Street.)
I-64 Express Lanes:
- Full closure June 8, 9 a.m. to noon and June 6, 8-11:30 p.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel
o June 8, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
o June 9, 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
· Single-lane closures I-664 north from the MMMBT to 26th St.,
o June 8, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
o June 9, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
· I-264 east ramp (Exit 21B) to First Colonial Rd. closed June 3-10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: The entrance to the I-64 west on-ramp from northbound Military Hwy will be closed for about three weeks beginning June 1. Traffic will be detoured to the on-ramp using the Robin Hood Rd. entrance. In addition, eastbound and westbound traffic on Robin Hood Rd. will be detoured around the Military Hwy intersection June 8-11. View the project page for more details.
- Beginning June 3 and continuing for approximately 10 nights, motorists will encounter alternating lane closures at the off-ramp from I-264 east to Witchduck Road nightly, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The ramp will remain open with reduced lanes.
- Beginning June 3 and recurring as necessary during the month, the right-turn lane from northbound Witchduck Road to Grayson Street will be closed. Witchduck Road traffic will still be able to turn right onto Grayson Street during this lane closure.
- Beginning around June 15 and continuing for approximately 11 nights, the off-ramp from from I-264 west to Witchduck Road will close from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. A detour (map below) will direct traffic to the next exit at Newtown Road, back onto I-264 east, and to the I-264 east off-ramp to Witchduck Road.