Hampton hotel evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAMPTON, Va. – The Quality Inn on West Mercury Blvd. was evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak inside the building.

The call came in Wednesday around 7 a.m.

Natural Gas officials secured the building as people cleared out of the hotel.

Guests were allowed to go back to their rooms around 10:30 a.m.

The source of the leak is undetermined at this time.

One person was taken to the hospital, but it was unrelated to the call.

Google Map for coordinates 37.040129 by -76.389094.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.