First Warning Traffic – Monday road work and closures
HAMPTON ROADS CLOSURES ON WATER CROSSINGS, INTERSTATES AND NOTABLE DETOURS June 3 – 9
I-264 East Downtown Tunnel: Left lane closure is the Downtown Tunnel eastbound on Monday, June 4, Wednesday, June 6 and Thursday, June 7 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-264 East Downtown Tunnel: Left lane closure is the Downtown Tunnel eastbound on Tuesday, June 5 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
US 58 East: Left lane closure on US 58 East from London Blvd. to a quarter-mile before the Midtown Tunnel eastbound on Monday, June 4, Tuesday, June 5, Wednesday, June 6 and Thursday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264
· I-264 east ramp (Exit 9) to St. Paul’s Blvd. closed for 30 minutes June 4, between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
· Single-lane closure I-264 west June 4, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Single-lane closure I-264 east June 5, 9-10 p.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17
· Single-lane closures both directions June 5-7, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County/James City County
Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, on June 3-7, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 west, as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
**Detour signs will be in place. All ramps will not be closed at the same time to maintain access to the detour routes.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel
· Single-lane closure east June 4-7, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64 Express Lanes:
- Full closure June 6-8, 9 a.m. to noon and June 6, 8-11:30 p.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel
o June 3-5, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Single-lane closures I-664 south from 26th St. to the MMMBT,
o June 8, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
o June 9, 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
· Single-lane closures I-664 north from the MMMBT to 26th St.,
o June 6-7, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
o June 8, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
o June 9, 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
· I-264 east ramp (Exit 21B) to First Colonial Rd. closed June 3-10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements
- Full closure of Newtown Rd. north at Greenwich Rd. June 4-7, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Detours will be in place.
- Curlew Drive closed near the I-64 overpass during June. A detour is in place.
Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: The entrance to the I-64 west on-ramp from northbound Military Hwy will be closed for about three weeks beginning June 1. Traffic will be detoured to the on-ramp using the Robin Hood Rd. entrance. In addition, eastbound and westbound traffic on Robin Hood Rd. will be detoured around the Military Hwy intersection from 7 p.m. Friday, June 1, to 5 a.m. Monday, June 4, and between the same hours June 8-11. View the project page for more details.