Kitchen fire displaces one in Chesapeake

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – One person has been displaced after a house fire in the 2300 block of Springdale Road Monday afternoon.

Crews with the Chesapeake Fire Department responded to the scene shortly after 2:30 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from a one-story, single-family home.

No one was at home at the time of the incident. Firefighters were able to find an open door to enter the house and extinguish a kitchen fire.

One dog and two birds were rescued from the home. All animals are expected to survive.

The fire was brought under control at 2:53 p.m. and fully extinguished at 2:59 p.m.

Authorities said the fire was caused by food left on the stove.

No one was injured during this incident. The displaced person will be staying with family.

Download the News 3 app for updates. 

Google Map for coordinates 36.790492 by -76.327742.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.