Garbage can fire burns home in Suffolk

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUFFOLK, Va. – Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to a fire Sunday in the 800 block of Wet Marsh Court, located in the Burbage Lake Village Subdivision.

According to officials, the incident happened around 7:30 p.m. and was reportedly started in a garbage can outside the home accidentally and then spread to the side of the house.

There were no injuries and the fire did not displace the four person family that lived there.

The fire was brought under control by officials around 8 p.m.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.