Butane tank leak prompts brief evacuation at Cox High School

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Students and staff were evacuated from Cox High School on Tuesday morning due to a gas leak.

Fire crews arrived shortly after 8:30 a.m. to investigate. The leak was traced to a butane tank inside a classroom.

The school is being ventilated.

Students and staff have returned to the building.

Stay with News 3 for updates.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.