Chesapeake apartment fire displaces family of three

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – One adult and two children have been displaced after a fire that damaged their apartment in the 1300 block of MacDonald Road Wednesday night.

Dispatchers received the call at 8:40 p.m. When crews arrived at the scene, they found a two-story apartment building with smoke coming from a second floor apartment.

Firefighters entered the apartment and found the kitchen on fire. Crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading beyond the kitchen area.

The fire was brought under control at 8:58 p.m. Officials attribute the cause of the fire to unattended cooking.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross. No injuries were reported during this incident.

Download the News 3 app for updates. 

Google Map for coordinates 36.815151 by -76.221361.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.