PORTSMOUTH, Va. – Firefighters in Portsmouth responded to a house fire early Sunday morning.
According to officials, dispatch was called about a fire in the 60 block of Prospect Parkway, which is in the Cradock area of Portsmouth.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire 2:30 a.m. They say that the fire had started in a bedroom of the home.
No people died in the fire but six cats did perish.
Two people were displaced by the fire that officials say was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet.