Virginia Beach Firefighters battle house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Virginia Beach Firefighters responded to a house fire Saturday afternoon, just before 3 p.m.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 2900 block of Dubois Place on Saturday afternoon.

Fire officials say the fire was the result of an accidental grease fire on a stove.

There was heavy fire damage to the kitchen, attic and adjacent rooms. There was also smoke damage throughout the home.

No residents were injured. Three dogs and a cat were unharmed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.