Suffolk Firefighters respond to commercial fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUFFOLK, Va. –¬†¬†Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to a report of a commercial fire in the 800 block of North Main Street at the Wash House Launderette Saturday night, just after 10 p.m.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief William Kessinger says the first unit arrived on the scene at 10:10 p.m., and found heavy smoke inside the facility.

All who were inside the business had evacuated.

The fire was marked under control at 10:26 p.m. and was contained to a dryer unit which reportedly malfunctioned.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.