Action Day: Potential severe storms and flash flooding threaten Hampton Roads, NE North Carolina

Two dogs die in James City County house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. – Two dogs died during a fire in James City County on Friday.

Photo courtesy of James City-Bruton Volunteer, James City County, York County and Williamsburg Fire Departments

Officials say that the fire happened around 10 a.m. in the 4100 block of Votive, which is in the Village At Candle Station neighborhood.

Crews searched the home when they arrived on-scene and found the kitchen of the home on fire.

The homeowner was not home during the fire.

Firefighters tried to resuscitate the dogs, but were unsuccessful in doing so.

Officials say that the kitchen was damaged severely, and that there is extensive smoke and heat damage to the home.

The James City County Fire Marshal determined the fire to be electrical in nature.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.