Officials: Space heater cause of Chesapeake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – A space heater that was too close to an interior wall caused a house fire on Monday, according to the Chesapeake Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived at the home, located in the 2100 block of Benefit Road, around 11:30 a.m.

The fire was declared under control at 11:38 a.m.

No one was injured.

Google Map for coordinates 36.627274 by -76.297014.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.