Man dies in Accomack County house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MELFA, Va. – A man was found dead inside a burning home in Accomack County early Thursday morning.

The Melfa Fire Department was called around 1 a.m. to respond to the fire at a home at 30098 Lankford Highway.

The fire department was able to extinguish the fire, but later found the man deceased inside the home. He has been identified as 47-year-old Shorn Eugene Nock.

The fire was caused by the stove being left on.

The home is a total loss.

The investigation is still ongoing and is under criminal investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.