🌡️☀️Excessive Heat Warning for Tidewater area & NE North Carolina 11a Friday – 8p Saturday

Man hospitalized after Virginia Beach mobile home fire dies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A man hospitalized after a structure fire in the 1200 block of Baker Road on Tuesday night died Wednesday.

Crews with the Virginia Beach Fire Department were dispatched to the scene around 8:20 p.m. to find a mobile home in flames.

The 59-year-old man was rescued from the fire and transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where he died Wednesday afternoon.

A pet dog and a pet bird were found dead inside the trailer.

Firefighters called the fire under control at 8:35 p.m.

According to fire officials, the fire has been determined to be accidental and originated in one of the bedrooms.

Stay with News 3 for updates. 

Google Map for coordinates 36.883635 by -76.183224.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.