Candle cause of Chesapeake house fire, officials say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo: Chesapeake Fire)

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Firefighters were called to a house fire at a home in the Fernwood Farms section of Chesapeake.

The call came in Tuesday at 12:44 p.m.

Firefighters arrived at the home, located in the 300 block of Tarneywood Court, and saw heavy smoke.

The fire was contained to a second floor bedroom and brought under control at 1:10 p.m.

Officials say the fire was caused by a candle coming into contact with window drapes.

No one was injured.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.