Chesapeake man injured while trying to extinguish fire in garage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Crews are working a fire in the 900 block of Englewood Drive.

The call came in Sunday at 3:50 p.m.  and was declared under control 30 minutes later.

When crews arrived, they found a detached garage and pickup truck engulfed in flames.

A man suffered minor burns to while trying to extinguish the fire.

Officials say a malfunctioning generator caused garage to catch fire.


After medics checked on the injured man, he refused to be taken to the hospital.

There were no other injuries reported.


Google Map for coordinates 36.751811 by -76.253218.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.