Unattended cooking causes house fire in Suffolk

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUFFOLK, Va. – Fire and Rescue crews responded to a house fire in the 300 block of Fuller Street Wednesday evening.

The call came in just before 7:30 p.m.

When crews arrived, they saw heavy smoking coming from the back of the two-story home.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and marked under control at 7:38 p.m.

Two adults and one child will be displaced due to smoke damage in the home.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.