First Warning Traffic – Bridge openings and road work for Thursday
Coleman Bridge 11:00 AM
FRIDAY opening at the James River Bridge 2:00 PM
Through a two-way data share, Waze will provide real-time, anonymous Waze-generated incident and slow-down information to complement VDOT’s 511Virginia traveler information tools. In exchange, 511Virginia will provide Waze with real-time verified construction zones, crash and road closure data. VDOT closure information and incidents will be reflected in the Waze app in real-time.
MOST MAJOR WORK ZONES SUSPENDED DURING HOLIDAY TRAVEL PERIODS
HAMPTON ROADS HOV SCHEDULE, TUNNELS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
WORK ZONES AND OTHER TRAFFIC ALERTS
I-64 – Widening interstate. Lane shifts in place westbound past Jefferson Avenue (Exit 255), ending past Humelsine Parkway (Exit 242). Lane shifts in place eastbound before Humelsine Parkway, ending before Jefferson Avenue. Speed limit reduced to 55 mph in work zone
.NORFOLK – TEMPORARY LANE RESTRICTION: NEWTOWN ROAD EXIT 15A
Access to Greenwich and Newtown roads will remain open
The lane will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Monday, April 10. The closure is scheduled to resume for the same hours Tuesday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, if necessary.
Traffic on the exit ramp will still be able to access the through lane to Greenwich Road during this work. Vehicles wanting to go straight will move left from the center lane, after the lane closure, to the through lane.
VIRGINIA BEACH – ROAD WORK NEAR THE COURTHOUSE IN VIRGINIA BEACH
Public Works to Begin Drainage/Utility Work on Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach Public Works begins drainage and utility work this week on Princess Anne Road. Most of the work is expected to be in the vicinity of 2400 block of Princess Anne Road.
This project will be implemented in two phases: Phase I) Stormwater drainage system work within the rights-of-way between 2422 and 2428 Princess Anne Road, followed by repairs to the drainage system. Drainage work requires closing a shoulder of the northbound lane, and access to the affected properties and businesses will be maintained. The center turn lane and the southbound travel lane will be fully open to traffic.
Phase II drainage repairs will require utility work. Notice will be provided to affected business concerning any possible service disruptions as a result of construction activities.
Daytime operations can be expected to take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The project may produce traffic delays, congestion, and some construction noise. Advanced warning signs will be clearly posted advising motorists of roadway shoulder work. The project is expected to be completed in July 2017.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT April 9, 2017 through April 15, 2017
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County:
- Segment I:
- Fort Eustis Boulevard (VA-105) east and west: Alternating single-lane closure at the I-64 interchange for bridge construction work April 9-13, from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 east: Single-lane closure at Denbigh Boulevard April 13-14, from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Segment II:
- Segment I:
- Penniman Road: Alternating single-lane closures in both directions under flagger control at the I-64 underpass April 12-14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (noon stop on April 14).
- Jefferson Avenue: Westbound permanent right-lane closure under I-64 for temporary widening continues. One lane will remain open.
- The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions between Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) and Busch Gardens (exit 243).
- Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures overnight as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound April 11-13 and April 24 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Westbound April 19-20 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 Reversible Roadway, Southside: Full-closure of the Reversible Roadway as follows:
- April 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project – Partial left-lane closure on the Newtown Road South off-ramp (Exit 15A) from I-264 east. Through access to Greenwich Road will remain open.
- April 10-13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 14 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- I-664, Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures overnight as follows. One lane will remain open at all times.
- Northbound at the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel:
- April 10-13 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound at the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel:
- US-17, James River Bridge: Single-lane closure southbound overnight as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- April 9-13 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-564 Eastbound/Westbound, Norfolk: Single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound April 13 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Runway Tunnel.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector Project: Single-lane closures as follows, extending approximately one-half mile between I-564 Chambers Airfield Tunnel at Naval Air Station Norfolk and the I-564/SR 406/Terminal Boulevard-Hampton Boulevard exit. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound April 10-13 from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Eastbound April 14 from 5 a.m. to noon.
- Westbound April 10-13 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Westbound April 14 from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
- I-64 Eastbound/Westbound, Southside: Single-lane closures, dual-lane closures and alternating lane closures across all lanes as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound alternating lane closure across all lanes April 13 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting near Norview Avenue and ending near Military Highway.
- Route 31 (Jamestown Road), James City County: Alternating-lane closures have reduced traffic to one lane in both directions with flagging operations on Route 31 between the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry dock and Route 199 (Humelsine Parkway).
- April 9-13 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 164 (Western Freeway) Eastbound, Portsmouth: Overnight single-lane closure and ramp closures as follows. Only one ramp will be closed at a time, and no ramp will be closed the entire night. Detours will be in place for the ramp closures:
- Single-lane closure on Western Freeway eastbound April 9-14 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. between Route 17 and Towne Point Road. One lane will remain open at all times.
- One to two nights between April 9 and 14, the Western Freeway on-ramp to I-664 northbound will be closed between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- One to two nights between April 9 and 14, the Route 17 on-ramp to Western Freeway will be closed between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- One to two nights between April 9 and 14, the Western Freeway off-ramp to Towne Point Road will be closed between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Route 58 Business (Camp Parkway), Southampton County: Alternating-lane closures eastbound as follows from the Route 58 split to Rawlsdale Road. One lane will remain open at all times:
- April 11-13 from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk:
- Military Highway northbound on-ramp to I-64 westbound is closed through April 16. A detour to the Robin Hood Road on-ramp is in place.
- Alternating single-lane closures April 9-13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Military Highway between Valley Drive and Lynn Street.
- Princess Anne Road between Sigmon Street and the intersection of Military Highway.
- Northampton Boulevard between the intersection of Military Highway and past USAA Drive.
- Robin Hood Road between Military Highway and Miller Store Road.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.