Teen injured jumping from window to escape Chesapeake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – A teenage boy was injured jumping from a window to escape a fire in a Chesapeake home on Tuesday morning.

Chesapeake Fire Department crews were dispatched to the two-story home in the 700 block of Shell Road at 9:25 a.m.

The fire was under control at 9:42 a.m. and contained to items stored in an attached garage.

A teenage boy jumped from a window to escape the fire and injured his leg, according to the fire department.

However, the home did not sustain any major damage and the occupants of the home were not displaced.

The cause of the fire was electrical in nature.