Unattended candles cause Virginia Beach house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Firefighters responded to a fire at 1309 Hawks Nest Way Saturday afternoon.

The call about the incident came in at 2:10 p.m.

The fire happened on the first floor of the building.

When crews entered the townhouse they located and extinguished a fire located in the living room and then went into the back bedroom and extinguished the fire in that room.

Two people managed to get out uninjured but firefighters found a deceased cat in the home.

Investigators said the cause of the fire was unattended candles.

Google Map for coordinates 36.848539 by -76.007025.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.