CHESAPEAKE, Va. – A total of four adults and four children are displaced from their homes following a fire at a two-story apartment complex in the 800 block of Windward Place.
The call came in at 1:17 p.m. on Saturday.
When firefighters arrived to the scene, crews saw smoke coming from the building.
The fire started in a first floor apartment and spread to the apartment above.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to other apartments, bringing it under control just before 1:30 p.m.
Officials say the cause of the fire was cooking related.
There were no injuries and the two displaced families have made housing arrangements.