Residents evacuated as York County crews battle condo fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

YORK CO., Va. – Fire crews were sent to a residential structure fire Monday at 4:30 p.m.

According to the fire department when they arrived firefighters evacuated all occupants of the condominium that the fire was in, and people in the adjacent units.

The fire was in the 200 block of Rainbrook Way in the Rainbrook Villas subdivision.

Crews found heavy smoke and fire in the attic area.

The majority of the fire was contained to the attic, according to the fire department.

Heat and smoke damage did affect other areas.

There were no injuries reported and firefighters said the fire originated in the attic and was electrical in nature.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.