Tuesday First Warning Traffic Alerts: I-264 closed overnight, bridge openings and delays
TUESDAY BRIDGE OPENING:
James River Bridge opens at Noon
I-264 EAST CLOSED OVERNIGHT FOR SIGN INSTALLATION
PORTSMOUTH – The Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project will close I-264 East between Greenwood Drive and Portsmouth Boulevard Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 20 and 21 from 10 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
The closure will be conducted in segments, closing the area between Greenwood Drive and Victory Boulevard on Tuesday, Dec. 20 (motorists will follow this signed detour). The closure on Wednesday, Dec. 21 will be between Victory Boulevard and Portsmouth Boulevard (motorists will follow this signed detour).
WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE DOWNTOWN AND MIDTOWN TUNNELS: Friday, Dec. 16 to Friday, Dec. 23
Lane closures and tunnel closures are suspended for the Christmas holiday beginning Friday, Dec. 23 at noon through Tuesday, Dec. 27 at noon.
Below is a list of significant tunnel/lane closures for the Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project. Due to the nature of construction, closure dates are subject to change. Visit our Travel Impacts page for current information and a more detailed listing of long-term temporary road closures.
I-264 West: Downtown Tunnel open with a single lane closure Friday, Dec. 16 from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m. the following morning and Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
Bart Street/I-264 West: Full ramp closure from Monday through Thursday, Dec. 19-22 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
U.S. 58 East: Midtown Tunnel open with a single lane closure Monday through Thursday, Dec. 19-22 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-264 East: Nightly eastbound interstate closure between Greenwood Drive and Portsmouth Boulevard Tuesday through Thursday, Dec. 20-22 from 10 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
U.S. 58 East/Port Norfolk: Full ramp closure Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 21 and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT: December 16, 2016 through December 23, 2016
*There will be no lane closures along Hampton Roads Interstates from noon Friday, December 23 until noon Tuesday, December 27 for the Christmas Day Holiday*
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County:
- Segment II: There will be alternating single-lane closures on I-64 west between Route 199 (exit 242) and Lee Hall (exit 247) on December 20-22, starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Intermittent stoppages to last up to 10 minutes eastbound and single-lane closures eastbound as follows:
- Eastbound single-lane closures December 19-20 from 9 p.m. until as late as 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Eastbound Intermittent Stoppages: December 19-20 from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures northbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Northbound December 21-22 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- US-17 James River Bridge: Single-lane closures southbound and northbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Northbound December 18-20 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Southbound December 19-21 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- I-564 Eastbound/Westbound, Norfolk: Single-lane and dual-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound Runway Tunnel single-lane closures December 22 from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- I-64 HOV Reversible Roadway, Norfolk: HOV Reversible Roadway will be closed December 19-20 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- I-64 Westbound, James City County: Single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Single-lane closures December 21 from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning between VA-607 Croaker and Old Stage Road.
- VA-134 Eastbound/Westbound, York County: Alternating lane closures eastbound and westbound on VA-134 at Elizabeth City Circle. One direction will shut down at a time:
- December 19-23 from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Courtland Interchange Project: U.S. 58 Eastbound, Southampton County: Consecutive left-lane closure eastbound on U.S. 58 between Old Bridge Road (Route 742) and Shady Brook Trail (Route 650). One lane will remain open at all times:
- December 19-22 from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- U.S. 58 Eastbound, Southampton County: Consecutive right-lane closure eastbound on U.S. 58 between the Pretlow Street Bridge and the Suffolk city line at the Blackwater Bridge. One lane will remain open at all times.
- US-13 (Lankford Highway), Accomack County: Consecutive single-lane closures northbound between Route 179 and Taylor Road. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 6-December 30 from 12 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website.
I-564 LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED DECEMBER 19-23
NORFOLK – Temporary lane closures have been scheduled on I-564 east and west beginning Monday, Dec. 19, through Friday, Dec. 23, 2016, for construction activities relating to the I-564 Intermodal Connector Project. The lane closures will extend approximately one-half mile between I-564 Chambers Airfield Tunnel at Naval Air Station Norfolk to the I-564/SR 406/Terminal Blvd-Hampton Blvd. exit. Closures will occur as scheduled unless delayed by weather or other factors.
Monday, Dec. 19, through Thursday, Dec. 22
I-564 east, 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Lanes closed: I-564 right shoulder/right lane
I-564 west, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Lanes closed: I-564 left shoulder/left lane
Friday, Dec. 23
I-564 east, 5 a.m. to noon
Lanes closed: I-564 right shoulder/right lane