Space heaters cause boat fire in Hampton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAMPTON, Va. – Firefighters responded to a boat fire early Saturday morning.

Officials say a  35 foot boat caught fire around 5:30 a.m. on the 200 block of Congress Avenue.

There were no people on board and no other boats damaged in the area.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental from space heaters aboard the boat.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.