Hot water heater causes fire in Chesapeake condo

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – A hot water heater is to blame for a fire at a condo in the Greenbrier section of Chesapeake early Wednesday.

Firefighters responded to the condo fire in the 1400 block of Orchard Grove Drive just after 2 a.m. and reported light smoke was coming from the home.

The hot water heater was located in the attic and the fire was brought under control at 2:30 a.m.

No one was injured and the condo sustained minor damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.