Mark Geduldig-Yatrofsky (I), running for Portsmouth City Council
1. Why are you running for office?
My reasons for seeking elective office are best explained in the posting, “Why Choose Me for a Seat on City Council”.
2. Why should people vote for you?
See my response to item 1 above.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
My favorite aspects of the area I want to represent – I. e., the city of Portsmouth – are the graciousness, hospitality, and good heartedness of the overwhelming majority of my fellow citizens.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
The posting, “My Top Three Priorities” addresses this question more fully than you requested. As someone who believes that more information is better, I am happy to go the extra miles!
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
I am retired from paid work, but I am engaged full time in community activism because I want to leave this world in better condition than I found it.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
SPF 50 sunscreen
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
I hold the First Amendment of the U. S. Constitution dear and believe in his right to express his views, whether I agree with him or he with me.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
Before committing money to light rail in Portsmouth, I would want to ensure that we have citywide bus service, something we lack today.
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
Absolutely. It is, or was, part of what makes America a leader in democratic process.
12. Favorite TV Show?
Every “Star Trek” spin-off ever aired