Kylene Pase (I), running for Poquoson City Council – Western Precinct
1. Why are you running for office?
I’m running for office because I was involved with the “no Walmart” group that started last year. My parents always taught me to be part of the solution, not the problem. I graduated from Poquoson High School in 1995, I’m a single mom of 3 kids who all attend Poquoson Schools, and so the future of this city means a lot to me.
2. Why should people vote for you?
People should vote for me because I’m not a politician. I’m self-funding my own campaign, accepting no donations. I’m hoping to get the city more involved like it used to be years ago. City Council can’t be the voice of the city if they are unaware of what the city wants.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
My favorite thing about Poquoson is that it’s a small town. This city will rally around you in times of need. They have excellent schools and are one of the top safest places to raise a family.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
There are a few problems that Poquoson currently faces, flooding, inadequate man power and facilities for our first responders, new middle school, underpaid teacher salaries, just to name a few. These will need to be addressed and handled one problem at a time, giving adequate research, ideas, and planning to each.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
Blusterous, loud mouth
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
I review/process terms and conditions in contracts. I get to work at home, which give me the flexibility with my kids that I need as a single mom.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
I’m Korean, adopted by white parents at the age of 9 months. This country doesn’t oppress black people and people of color. People do that. The flag and our national anthem stand for something far greater than the hate some people in this country carry in their hearts. There are always going to be bad apples in a bunch. The moment you start classifying every single apple as being bad because of one, is when you as the individual start becoming just as judging and tainted as the bad apple itself.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
I don’t not believe this project effects Poquoson.
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
12. Favorite TV Show?
My favorite TV show is Criminal Minds.