Glenda Gail Parker (I), running for U.S. House of Representatives in Virginia’s 1st District
1. Why are you running for office?
I believe in the democratic process and feel that we all have a duty and an obligation to participate not only as a voter, but also as candidates.
2. Why should people vote for you?
To get new tracks for VRE with trains during the day and every weekend. Direct trains between Charlottesville and Williamsburg for the students. Light rail in our cities that feed into higher speed rail. High Speed Rail nationwide – trains as fast as planes.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
They love trains! And they are patriots.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
Current laws place too great a burden on local citizens for Rail transportation. I am the candidate that will provide relief on your pocketbook while providing safer mobility and renewable energy.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
More of same.
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
Government contractor. I do it because it allows me to use my skills.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
My phone, of course!
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
Probably need insurance for concussions.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
The whole premise behind democracy is that the people support a leader chosen by the people…
12. Favorite TV Show?