George Furman III (I), running for Virginia Beach Mayor
1. Why are you running for office?
I am running for office because the taxpayers of Virginia Beach need a voice on City Council.
2. Why should people vote for you?
People should vote for me because they want accountability in City Council.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
My favorite thing about the area that I want to represent is the people.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
The biggest problem my area is facing is the lack of representation and the gross spending of City Council. I will fix it by cutting spending on unnecessary or wasteful items and put the money back into the infrastructure.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
A confused liar.
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
A better politician.
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
I work for the Department of Defense to support my family.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
I would take a gun with ammo.
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
I think Colin Kaepernick is expressing his beliefs and it has nothing to do with me.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
No, but if the people voted for light rail then I would abide by their decision.
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
Yes, I will respect the outcome of the election.
12. Favorite TV Show?
Bones is my favorite TV show.