Brian Bass (I), running for Suffolk Mayor
1. Why are you running for office?
In recent years, The City of Suffolk has struggled with fiscal issues that impact-both basic and special City services. I am running to help preserve the qualities that make Suffolk unique. I will work to improve the responsiveness of City government to Community interests. While at the same time using my experience in local government to provide the professional oversight needed to preserve the full range of services Suffolk residents have historically enjoyed — Parks, Libraries, Community Centers, and Arts & Recreation Programs.
2. Why should people vote for you?
I have lived in Suffolk since I was four years old and my ancestry with the Nansemond Indians establishes a bond I don’t want to break with the City. (Forest Glen High School class of 1988 and Paul D. Camp Community College class of 2012). If anything, my love and passion for this City is what drives me to be the next Mayor in the City of Suffolk. My experience in local government has given me the professional oversight needed to preserve the full range of services Suffolk residents have historically enjoyed — Parks, Libraries, Community Centers, and Arts & Recreation Programs.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
The diversity of people and culture that is in the area.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
The biggest problem is education (schools, funding, infrastructure, fund appropriation, fee, taxes, etc.) with in the whole city. I will work to educate everyone in all areas.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
Construction Inspector for Isle of Wight County. I chose to work with Isle of Wight County because the focus is on the citizens and all the people that live and work with in the County.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
He has the right to his opinion.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
Yes, if the people of Suffolk support light rail expansion.
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
12. Favorite TV Show?
My favorite things I watch are baseball and basketball.