NORTH CAROLINA – Career website Zippia sifted through data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to find the lowest paying jobs in North Carolina.
Gaming dealers are the lowest paid people in the Tarheel state. According to Zippia, gaming dealers have an average salary of $17,620.
Ushers, lobby attendants and ticket takers come in at number two on the list, make a mere $160 more.
Fast food workers are ranked third on the list with an average salary of $17,890. Combined food preparation and serving workers, including fast food coming in at number four.
Dishwashers round out the top five of the list, with an average salary of $18,310.
Here’s North Carolina’s 10 lowest paying jobs and their average salaries:
- Gaming dealers – $17,620
- Ushers, lobby attendants and ticket takers – $17,780
- Cooks, fast food – $17,890
- Combined food preparation and serving workers, including fast food – $18,160
- Dishwashers – $18, 310
- Shampooers – $18,370
- Counter attendants, cafeteria, food concession and coffee shop
- Hosts and hostesses, restaurant, lounge and coffee shop
- Lifeguards, ski patrol and other recreational protective service workers
- Amusement and recreation attendants