Six adults displaced after Chesapeake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Six adults are displaced after a fire damaged their home Sunday morning.

At 7:19 a.m., firefighters were called to a fire in the 1500 block of Elm Avenue in the Indian River section of the city.

When they arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from a one-story, single-family home.

Firefighters brought the fire under control just before 8 a.m.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the garage and kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the home.

According to Chesapeake Fire officials, the cause appears to be electrical and started near the home’s electrical panel.

No one was injured. The displaced residents are being helped by the American Red Cross.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.