Three South Norfolk residents displaced by morning house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Three adults have been displaced after a fire damaged their South Norfolk home on Thursday morning, according to the Chesapeake Fire Department.

Crews responded to the home in the 1200 block of Algona Road at 10:40 a.m. and found smoke coming from the one-story structure.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one bedroom, but there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

It appears as though the fire was caused by an overloaded multi-plug outlet.

No one was injured. The displaced occupants have made other lodging arrangements.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.