First Warning Traffic – Road Closures, Bridge Openings & Alerts for Thursday
TRAFFIC ALERTS AND CLOSURES DUE TO FLOODING
CHESAPEAKE: Flood related issues reported as of 2:30 p.m. There are several updates but this is what the City of Chesapeake has online as of this morning still. Just be careful through these areas, several are not passable.
EXIT 8A OF THE RT. 168 BYPASS AT HILLCREST PKW
MURRAY DR. IMPASSABLE
GREAT BRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE IS COMPLETELY FLOODED
1200 BLK OF BEAVER DAM RD IS IMPASSABLE
LAND OF PROMISE IS COMPLETELY SUBMERGED AND IMPASSABLE
HICKORY RD IS IMPASSIBLE
705 ASPEN FOREST CT IS FLOODED
INDIAN CREEK RD/SANDERSON RD
THE WATERWAY IS FLOODING THE OVERPASS
700 FOREST LAKES CIR
STONEGATE PKWY AND JOHNSTOWN RD IS FLOODED
RED BAY FROM WILLOW OAK TO WEEPING WILLOW ABOUT A FOOT OF WATER IN THE CENTER
500 BLK ST BRIDES RD W IS COMPLETELY COVERED
BELLS MILL RD AT WOOSTER AND KINGDON WAY IS UNDERWATER
BLACKWATER RD/POCATY RD FLOODED
COUNTRY CLUB BLVD IS FLOODED OUT
ALBEMARLE DRIVE AT MANN IS FLOODED BUT PASSABLE
1601 LAND OF PROMISE RIDGE IMPASSABLE
1200 BLK KINGSBURY DR ROADS FLOODED IMPASSABLE
MARGARET DR IS FLOODED
MT PLEASANT AND BACK RD FLOODED IN THE CURVE
BENEFIT RD/JOHNSTOWN RD THE ROADWAY IS IMPASSABLE
GALLBUSH/INDIAN CREEK RD IS UNDER WATER
2200 BLK CENTERVILLE TPK AT HICKORY STATION
HILLCREST AND EDINBURGH
EDWIN AND ARMSTRONG FLOODED
LONG RIDGE AND LAND OF PROMISE
FENTRESS AIRFIELD / POCATY RD. IMPASSABLE
BUNCH OF WALNUST IS CLOSED BETWEEN BALLAHACK RD AND BENEFIT RD
BERKLEY TO BETHEL AND WINGFIELD
BERKLEY AND PARTRIDGE FLOODED
BAINBRIDEG BL / TRIPLE DECKER
SCENIC PKWY JUST PAST GRASSFIELD HIGH IS CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING
MILL CREEK PKWY/HOLLY RIDGE AND UP NEAR DEEP CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH
600 BLK OF APPALOOSA TRL FLOODED
501 MISHANNOCK WAY FLOODED
1800 BLK BENEFIT RD FLOODED
2214 AVERILL DR WATER COMING OUT OF SEWER CAPS
GILMERTON RD FLOODED FROM GILMERTON/ALBERT TO GILMERTON/OAK BARK LN
1700 BLK SHIPYARD FLOODED
LAKE DRUMMOND CAUSEWAY / BENEFIT FLOODED
BUNCH OF WALNUTS RD / BUSKEY RD. HAS SWIFT WATER RUSHING OVER IT
OLD MILL RD / BROWN RD
MCCOSH DRIVE IS FLOODED FROM HALDON TO PATTON
ELBOW RD IS FLOODED NEAR THE BRIDGE
ISLE OF WIGHT / SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY / FRANKLIN:
Rt. 616N (Isle of Wight County) at Lees Mill Rd
BUS US-58E (4 Franklin/Isle of Wight/Southampton/Suffolk) at Holly Run Dr; Jenkins Mill Rd; Rt. 615N/S (Isle of Wight County)
Rt. 641S (Isle of Wight County) at Barrett Town Rd
Rt. 615N (Isle of Wight County) at Holly Run Dr
BUS US-58E (4 Franklin/Isle of Wight/Southampton/Suffolk) at Old Carrsville Rd; Rt. 1701E/W (Isle of Wight County)
Rt. 743S (Southampton County) at Burnt Reed Rd
Rt. 674N (Southampton County) at Rochelle Swamp Rd
Rt. 687N (Southampton County) at Delaware Rd
Rt. 687S (Southampton County) at Delaware Rd
US-258W at Smiths Ferry Rd
US-258E at Smiths Ferry Rd
Rt. 643S (Southampton County) at Bethel Rd
Rt. 743N (Southampton County) at Burnt Reed Rd
Rt. 674S (Southampton County) at Rochelle Swamp Rd
Rt. 643N (Southampton County) at Bethel Rd
• West Neck is still closed, several areas of concern on the
• Dam Road is flooded between Harpers and Corporate Landing
• N. Landing bridge area, both sides still under water, however it
• S. Rosemont road from Holland Rd to the interstate entrance
• Holland Rd. between Dam Neck and Nimmo Pkwy clear
• Salem/ Independence flooded – closed
• Landstown Road between Landstown Center Way and Salem
Rd. flooded and impassable
• Sandbridge Rd still has standing water in the 700/1500 blks,
signs posted – high water.
• Upton between Nimmo and Culver and Welsford flooded.
• Indian River Road is closed from Princess Anne to West Neck
• 500 Blk. of London Bridge Rd Northbound has standing water
• Lynnhaven Parkway is clear
Many neighborhood roadways have ponding and puddling.
• Sandfiddler has several inches standing of water.
• Sandpiper has several inches standing of water.
• Ashville Park borderline impassable.
• Christopher Farms impassable.
• No flooding issues or road closures.
• 5200 blk of Baker near Witchduck high water, not passable for
• Holly Farms has risen some and is currently impassable.
• Richard Road and Condor Street are also impassable.
• Lynnhaven Parkway by the Salem schools is still shut down
both ways due to standing water.
• S. Independence between Salem and Princess Anne is still
closed due to water with many stranded vehicles.
• Elbow Road by Salem is closed.
• Standing water on Centerville by Regent is over the curbs on
both sides, but cars are passing through slowly.
• Level Green Blvd. still has standing water making it hard to
• S. Independence by Bellspring has standing water
• The access roads to Glenwood Elementary is flooded
• Kempsville Lakes off Baxter Road is flooded making it hard to
• The Holland Road corridor is still passable with lower standing
As of 4 p.m. Wednesday, the following roads are reported as impacted by high water and are currently closed or impassable:
(Blythewood Lane/Kinsey Lane) – 100 to 200 block is closed.
(Longstreet Lane) – The 400 block of Longstreet Lane between Quince Road and Route 58 is closed with a detour in place.
(Bennetts Pasture Road) – Bennetts Pasture Road at Kings Highway is closed.
(Old Mill Road) – Old Mill Road between Old Myrtle Road and Indian Trail is closed.
(Sweat Road) – The 200 block of Sweat Road is permanently closed.
(Holy Neck Road) – The 7000 block of Holy Neck Road is closed.
(Pughsville Road) – The 3900 block of Pughsville Road is closed with a detour in place.
(Pittmantown Road) – Pittmantown Road at Gates Road is closed.
Standing water, ponding on the roads and flooded intersections are causing major traffic problems throughout the entire viewing area. Turn around, don’t drown. Wait it out if you see a flooded intersection.
No bridge openings reported yet for Thursday
ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE Friday, Sept. 16 to Friday, Sept. 23
Significant tunnel/lane closures for the Elizabeth River Tunnels (ERT) Project. Due to the nature of construction, closure dates are subject to change. Visit our Travel Impacts page for current information and a more detailed listing of long-term temporary road closures.
U.S. 58 West/VA 164 East/Port Norfolk: Off-ramp closed Monday through Friday, Sept. 19-23 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
U.S. 58 East: Full weekend tunnel closure from Friday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 26 at 5 a.m.
264 West: Single lane closure between Des Moines Avenue and Frederick Boulevard Tuesday through Friday, Sept. 20-23 from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
High Street: Full closure between Constitution Avenue and Confederate Avenue Monday through Friday, Sept. 19-23 from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT September 16, 2016 through September 23, 2016
I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound September 19-22 from 9 p.m. until as late as 5 a.m. the following morning.
US-17 James River Bridge: Alternating and single-lane closures southbound and northbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Southbound September 19-23 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Northbound September 21-23 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing, Norfolk: Full weeknight/weekend closures westbound as follows. Alternating lane closures eastbound as follows and one lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound Weeknights September 20-23 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-664 Southbound, Newport News: Single-lane ramp closures as follows southbound. One lane will remain open at all times. The Inspection Station will remain open at all times:
- 23rd Street ramp to Terminal Avenue September 16-24 from as early as 7 p.m. until as late as 8 a.m. the following morning.
I-664 Northbound, Newport News: Alternating lane closures as follows northbound. One lane will remain open at all times. The Inspection Station will remain open at all times:
- I-664 Northbound to 25th Street Overpass September 21-24 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
I-64 Westbound to I-664 Southbound, Hampton: Single-lane closures as follows westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 18-20 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning from I-64 westbound to I-664 southbound.
Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: Alternating single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 18 – September 24: Alternating single-lane closures northbound and southbound from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Military Highway between Valley Drive and Lynn Street.
- September 18 – September 24: Alternating single-lane closures eastbound and westbound from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Princess Anne Road, between Sigmon Street and the intersection of Military Highway.
- September 18-September 24: Alternating single-lane closures eastbound and westbound from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Northampton Boulevard between the intersection of Military Highway and USAA Drive.
- September 18 – September 24: Alternating single-lane closures eastbound and westbound from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning on Robin Hood Road between Ellsmere Avenue and Miller Store Road.
US-58 Eastbound Off-Ramp, Southampton County: The US-58 eastbound off-ramp to Pretlow Street will close September 23 from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. A detour will be in place.
US-60 Eastbound/Westbound, James City County: Consecutive single-lane closures eastbound and westbound September 7-24 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. between Forge Road and Industrial Boulevard. One lane will remain open at all times.
US-13 (Lankford Highway), Accomack County: Consecutive single-lane closures northbound at the intersection on Route 179. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 6-December 5 from 12 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
US-13 (Lankford Highway), Accomack County/Melfa: Daytime single-lane closures northbound and southbound in Onley. One lane will remain open at all times:
- September 23 from as early as 7 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website.
NORTH BATTLEFIELD BLVD SINGLE LANE CLOSURE
Southbound North Battlefield Blvd right-turn lane at Medical Pkwy
Through October 15
Continued utilities installation will keep the right-turn lane on southbound North Battlefield Blvd at Medical Pkwy closed through October 15. Motorists should be alert to work crews, equipment in the area and possible delays.
NORFOLK: Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection work northbound and southbound. Two lanes will remain open at all times