Teen charged in murder of 19-year-old found in Virginia Beach car

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Two people have been charged after a 19-year-old was found dead inside a car in the parking lot of Carriage House Apartments off of Wesleyan Drive.

A 17-year-old juvenile has been charged with First Degree Murder, Robbery, Use of a Firearm, and Conspiracy to Commit a Felony. The juvenile is being housed in the Virginia Beach Juvenile Detention Center without bond.

Harold Vincent Cole Jr., 30, of the 900 block of Newtown Road has been charged with Robbery and Use of a Firearm. He is being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.

Harold Vincent Cole Jr., charged with Robbery and Use of a Firearm.

Harold Vincent Cole Jr., charged with Robbery and Use of a Firearm.

Police initially received a call about a body in a car on Coach Circle.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been identified as 19-year-old Gregory Alan Delong.

Just days before Delong was found dead in his car, he appeared to have posted on his Facebook page about the mass shooting in Orlando.

He wrote, in part, "I think we need more guns to stop all these public shootings."

Not even a week later, he became the victim of a homicide, something his former neighbor can't believe.

"He was just a great kid. My heart breaks for his family," said neighbor Lisa Ennis. "It's sad. I feel for his mom and his brothers. He's a good kid, his mom is a nice lady. It's just sad."

Ennis says he made her mornings at Dunkin Donuts, where he used to work.

"When I would go to Dunkin Donuts, he would see me pulling in and already have my coffee waiting for me. When I got up to the counter that's what I liked about going there because he would always have it for me," Ennis said.

Police won't say how Delong was killed, but the woman who found his body in the car said it was a violent scene.

"I saw blood coming out of his nose and ears. I knocked on the door didn't get a response, so I called 911," said Ciara Owens. "Just think, what if I didn't go to get my laptop? He could've been sitting there. It's just sad."

A family friend tells News 3 Delong's mother is too distraught to talk about her son. They just want answers.

Anyone with information that may help police is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.