Job Title: Sales Account Executive
Station: WTKR TV and WGNT TV
Reports to: Local Sales Manager, Sales Manager
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Account Executive is to generate growth for the Station in all potential areas.
- Effectively manage and account list of agency and direct clients
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with agency buyers, planners and clients
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to use Nielsen ratings along with qualitative information to fully leverage the station’s unique advantages in the market.
- Maintain, grow and develop an existing client list
- Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums to generate new station revenue
- Retain current business and develop new business contacts
- Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Ability to overcome objections
- Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
- Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
- Professional appearance
- College degree preferred or equivalent but not required and a minimum of 5 years broadcast sales experience.
The ability to operate a computer and business equipment. Candidate must have their own transportation when on sales calls. Vision to enter, review and approve sales proposals and orders.
Interested candidates should apply here.
WTKR WGNT TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer