Many local areas under a flash flood watch Friday

Hot coals inside trash catch fire in Norfolk home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Norfolk Fire-Rescue responded to the scene of a house fire in the 2500 block of Minnesota Avenue.

Crews arrived just after 12:30 p.m. to find light smoke coming from the structure.

A man was grilling at home; he thought his coals were out, placed them in the trash, but they were still burning. The trash then caught on fire, spreading to a shed that is attached to the house. The house then caught on fire.

The family will be out of the home for a few days at least, officials say.

No injuries were reported.

Stay tuned for updates.



1 Comment

  • myrons mix-on

    maybe he needs to stick to the women’s version with propane and work his way up to the mans fuel source.

Comments are closed.