UPDATE: Three hospitalized in Norfolk fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Norfolk, Va. – A fire is now under control in the 1100 block of Ingleside Road.

The call came in at 9:25 a.m. on Thursday, April 10. Crews responded and found light smoke showing from the structure.

The building was evacuated.

The fire started in a dryer, officials say. Six employers within the building were evaluated, and two of them transported to the hospital for smoke related injuries. The injuries are non life-threatening. Officials say a total of three people were hospitalized as a result of smoke exposure.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.