Dog, cat rescued from burning home in Virginia Beach

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Virginia Beach, Va. - Crews have responded to a house fire in the 3600 block of Windmill Drive in Virginia Beach.

Heavy fire has been reported in the rear of the house, going into an adjacent structure, officials tell NewsChannel 3.

One dog and one cat have been rescued.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. Crews say there was an electrical problem and it started at the meter base out back. The fence and grass caught fire, and spread to the home.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.