Job Title: Photojournalist
Station: WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
Reports To: News Director, Chief Photojournalist
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary responsibility for the News Videographer is to gather and present stories for all daily newscasts.
- Work as a photographer on an assigned daily basis; gathering news stories, by shooting and editing those stories; then archive those stories
- Work with reporters, editors, producers to ensure factual, professional report.
- To present those stories by a variety of methods; on tape, live from remote sights or other ways as indicated by the show producers.
- To operate and maintain all assigned ENG equipment, including camera, editing and microwave truck.
- To operate and maintain assigned news vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS;
Experience with Final Cut Pro and Sony EX3 cameras helpful.
Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc. Vision to shoot and edit videotape. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of camera, VTR’s, tapes, tripods, batteries, etc. Ability to get into nooks, crannies, and high places to shoot video. Ability to read road maps. Works in all kinds of weather conditions.
Managing Editor, Executive Producer, News Director, Anchors/Reporters and Videographers
General Public and Officials
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Tina Luque, News Director, WTKR-TV, 720 Boush St., Norfolk, VA 23510, email Tina.Luque@wtkr.com.
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer