Severe weather for Thursday evening at a Level 3 for parts of Hampton Roads and NE North Carolina

Dog rescued, four people displaced after Chesapeake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Chesapeake, Va. – Four people are without a home and a dog was rescued after a fire broke out at a home in the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake on Thursday afternoon.

Crews say this happened in the 1100 block of Porter Street. Units were on the scene at 12:42 p.m.

They say smoke was coming from the one-story home when they arrived. They were able to get it under control moments later at 12:56 p.m.

No one was injured fire crews say.

The Red Cross is now assisting the displaced adults.

This fire is still under investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.