Two firefighters taken to hospital after fire breaks out on USS McFaul

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Norfolk, Va. – Two firefighters were evaluated for heat-related illnesses after a small fire broke out on the second deck of the USS McFaul on Monday.

Emergency crews were alerted to the fire at 4:18 p.m. and they arrived on the scene shortly afterward.

Crews say the fire was put out by Navy personnel before they arrived.

Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical heater in the ductwork.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.