One transported for smoke inhalation after fire at Beach home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Virginia Beach, Va. -- One person was transported for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a townhouse in the 700 block of Lake Edward Drive.

Firefighters went to the scene at around 7:41 p.m. on Monday.

The fire was under control in about 12 minutes and out within 20, according to Chief Brian Taylor with the Virginia Beach Fire Department.

The patient was transported to Sentara Leigh. There has been no word yet on the victim's condition.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.