Weight room catches fire in Beach fire station

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo credit: Virginia Beach Fire Department

Photo credit: Virginia Beach Fire Department

Photo credit: Virginia Beach Fire Department

Virginia Beach, Va. – “Even Fire Stations are not immune from fire,” says Battalion Chief Tim Riley.

On Friday, January 25, 2013, Fire Station 21, located on Nimmo Parkway in Virginia Beach, had a heater malfunction in the ceiling, which caused a fire in the weight room.

Battalion Chief Riley says the fire station remained open, and reported that the exercise area had “more of a foul odor than normal”.

Watch NewsChannel 3 starting First at Four for more local news headlines.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.