News

Actions

Update: Pizza shop fire ruled accidental in Virginia Beach

Posted: 9:41 PM, Sep 03, 2012
Updated: 2012-09-04 22:01:28-04
Update: Pizza shop fire ruled accidental in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach police and fire crews say the cause of the fire was ruled accidental at Smitty's Pizza Monday night. They say it was caused by an electrical problem. 

Fire Rescue TV took video of the fire at Smitty's Pizza on Great Neck Road just moments after firefighters arrived.

The fire started around 8:15 p.m. Monday night.

Firefighters say it took them about 12 minutes to contain the fire. They say no one was hurt in the fire.

According to officials, the fire started at the front of the business, but they don't know why.

NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they become available.